Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Where's the food?

Ok, so Brenda and I had our weigh in yesterday.... me - down 3 pounds! Brenda - down a pound!
I felt good about the 3 pounds, and I did do a little jig when she left. But I did look at the numbers again, and she's still beating me overall by 3 pounds. Damn her! ;-)

And though I have been doing really well on my food, I also feel in a rut. (Which is NOT good for me because it means I'll start eating anything and everything) So I went threw my new favorite magazine, Oxygen (Thanks for getting me hooked Danielle) and found some recipes I would try out.

I have found the best salad recipe ever!! Like Brenda, I've been trying to eat more salads at lunch... but I get bored quick, but I found a salad I could probably eat everyday the rest of my life! (Can you tell I really like it!!)

So, I thought I'd share:
Salad:
1 head butter lettuce, torn in pieces
1 avocado, cut into large chunks
3 scallions, sliced
1/2 English cucumber, halved and sliced
1 mango, cut into large chunks
1 can (12.5 oz) chicken breast, drained
2 tbsp roasted flax seeds

Dressing:
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup flax seed oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tbsp white wine vinegar

Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl. Combine the dressing ingredients and whisk together; pour over salad.

(Makes 4 servings; 304 calories per serving, Protein 14g, Fiber 5g)

Yum, Yum!! Let me know if you try and what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment